The Nigerian Association Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture has called on players within the organised private sector to ensure that government functionaries are held accountable for the policies they formulate, especially as it affects the business community.

The association’s new president, Dele Oye, stated this at an investiture ceremony which took place in Afe Babalola University Ado Ekiti, to swear him in as the 22nd National president of the Chamber.

Oye charged the Organised Private Sector to strengthen its engagement with the federal government to formulate pro-business policies that would drive inclusive economic growth and development for the country.

He said, “We must find a way to influence political decisions because they affect businesses. Even though we contribute 75 per cent to the GDP and the other 25 per cent from the government comes with the government’s policies that control businesses.

“We must find a way to ensure that people who govern our country are not hungry people looking for food, but are held accountable if they do not do well. We must let them know the impact of negative policies as it affects the business community and even the future of the country. We must all see service and leadership as an opportunity to do our best.”

According to him, under his watch, the association would be prioritising development efforts at youth development and women empowerment, saying that for Nigeria to change its economic narratives, it must invest in women, youths and education.

“NACCIMA will be prioritising youth and women empowerment. We will be there to support both women and youths to find their feet so that Nigeria can be great again,” he said.

In his goodwill message, the Governor of Ekiti State, Biodun Oyebanji commended the new president, stating that his outstanding commitment to fostering economic growth, job creation, and sustainable development in the nation is laudable.

On his part, the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Otunba Niyi Adebayo said the event is an opportunity for collaboration amongst industry stakeholders and celebration of shared achievements over the past year.

He stressed that the event will also help determine and align the association’s desired strategic direction as a whole and for its members, which ultimately benefits the country.

He said, “As we look to the future, I am confident that the leadership of NACCIMA will continue its strides, as an umbrella body for various Chambers of Commerce within Nigeria to drive the economic growth and prosperity for our nation.”



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *